Free Weekly Soccer Skills Training Program
Led by Top Professional Soccer Coaches from Local Colleges
WSSL is very fortunate to have a team of experienced and passionate professional coaches who have worked extensively with children, but also coach at the high school and college levels. Our team will conduct skill-building activities designed to let your child play her/his game, to learn and to explore the endless possibilities of soccer. They will also faciliate small sided games each week. The sessions are offered during both Fall and Spring seasons. Sessions are free to players registered in WSSL for the given season.
- All participants must be registered for the current season.
- Every parent must sign this medical release form for each child and provide it to the lead coach on the first day.
- Each player MUST present a signed medical release form to the coaching team on the first day. Follow these simple instructions:
- Log in to wssl.org at the top of the page using your own user name and password.
- Select Family Profile.
- Click the gray tab on the horizontal bar that says "Children" on it.
- Under your child's name, click the box that says "Print Medical Release."
- Sign the form.
- Give it to the skills training coach at the first session.
- Your child must arrive on time as each session has a particular flow that is meant to build on itself for the player's benefit.
- An adult must be on site and ready to pick up your child 15 minutes before the session is scheduled to end, or earlier if the weather is iffy.
- All players must wear proper shoes, socks and shinguards and must bring their own ball and personal water.
All sessions will operate in the rain, but not if there is lightning or if it is completely torrential. Intermittent rain and constant drizzle are considered good conditions.
When & Where
Soccer Skills Training
Mondays: U9, U10, U11, U12
Tuesdays: U6, U7, U8
Location: 101st Street Field in Riverside Park
Time: 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm
Fridays: U9 to U14 boys and girls
Location: Fredrick Douglass Field at 101st Street & Amsterdam Avenue
Time: 3:45 to 5:30 pm