West Side Soccer League is:
- dedicated to the development of safe, high-quality, youth-centered soccer programs, which promote a fun, family environment.
- a volunteer soccer league of approximately 400 teams for boys & girls ages 5 to 18 each season.
- ONLY for registered players who are committed to participate each week in practices and games.
- proud to play in Riverside Park, Central Park (Fall only), Randall's Island and on various turf fields in parks from 138th Street & Amsterdam to 114th Street & 1st Avenue.
- Everyone Plays: Every player on every team plays at least 3/4 the game, but often more. Teams are built so that every player counts. Attendance by all players at every training session and game is critical to the WSSL program.
- Open Registration: Every player who registers is accepted, space permitting.
- Balanced Teams: We discourage player placement requests so that we can make the most balanced teams possible. Balanced teams provide for the most satisfying level of competition and better learning environments for all players.
- Positive Coaching: We expect our coaches to be excellent role models and to support all players' learning on the field during training and competition.
- Good Sportsmanship: Players, volunteers and parents are expected to display the most sportsmanlike behavior possible. We have a "zero tolerance" policy for bad sportsmanship from anyone associated with WSSL.
- Player Development: We emphasize the development of age-appropriate technical and tactical skills and pure love of the game rather than winning.
WSSL's Programs include: