How to become a WSSL Coach - step by step
1. Register as a Volunteer. Log into your wssl in-league account and make sure that your profile is up to date. Make sure that the box for Head Coach or Assistant Coach is checked off.
2. Complete a background check. Once each soccer year, upon approval by your division head as a coach, you will need to complete a background check. An email will be sent to you from Sterling Volunteers. Click the link in the email and follow the instructions to complete the background check process.
3. Take the Safe Haven and Concussion Awareness online classes. You only need to take them once. Once the background check is complete (you will get an email notification from Sterling Volunteers - typically within 24-48 hours of submitting the request), go to www.aysou.org and log in with the same credentials you use for our wssl in-league website. On the red banner at the top of the page click on "My Courses." Launch each course to take and complete.
4. Take the appropriate coach certification course in-person. Click HERE for the schedule of coach certification courses and for instructions on how to register to take a course.
5. Read the suspension policy for coach and player misconduct. This policy applies to all coaches and players in the WSSL Core program.